- If a maintenance issue should arise, please email your maintenance request to [email protected] or submit your request online here.
- We ask that you submit maintenance requests in writing to avoid confusion and to ensure that we have a clear record of your request. When making a request, be as specific as possible about the problem.
- When preparing your work order, please note how to enter the property. If you need to be present, remember that the maintenance schedules appointments Monday – Friday, from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- If you want to be on site for the service call, we will provide the repairmen with your phone number. If you should miss the service call, you will be charged for their service call, so be sure to make the appointment.
- If you cannot be at the unit for the repair call, the workmen will be provided with a key to perform the work.
- Tenants are responsible for securing any pets that may be encountered on the visit to the property.
- Please allow an appropriate amount of time for scheduling the repair. Usually we try to make repairs within 5-7 business days.
- Do not make repairs on you own without prior approval from the Landlord.
You can call our office 24 hours a day and leave a message. Our answering service will send your message the manager on call. Please stay by the phone until you hear from us.
Emergency is defined as:
- Fire, and if you have a fire, call 911 first.
- Severe flooding
- Loss of heat when outside temperatures are below 40 degrees
- No water/power and the water/power department is not responsible
- Conditions which endanger the occupants – break-ins, robberies, etc.
- Only toilet in the home is broken
Air Conditioning Issues
- Air filters are your responsibility to supply and change.
- If your AC is not working, check the circuit breaker and reset if necessary.
- Clean air filters are important to a functioning air conditioning system, change them if they look dirty.
- The commodes are sensitive to large amounts of waste. Do not flush any feminine hygiene products down commodes.
- Flush only toilet tissue. Never flush diapers, tampons, wipes, toys etc. down any drains at any home, even if it is on city water. If you do, repair of the pipes will be your responsibility.
- Plungers can resolve most clogged toilets, it is wise have one on hand before you need it.
- It is advisable that you periodically clean out your shower drains by unscrewing the chrome cap off the drain and removing any hair that may have collected.
- Make note of your water shut off valve in you unit in case of leaks or broken pipes
- For stopped up drains, we recommend Liquid Plumber, Industrial Strength.
- Do NOT use Drain-O or lye because they damage pipes. If you do, repair of the pipes will be your responsibility.
- If you home has a dishwasher that fails to work, check the door to make sure it is latched, and check for a switch that looks like a light switch near the dishwasher and make sure it is on, and lastly check the breaker.
- Make sure to use the proper detergent for each appliance. Dishwashers will make a huge mess if you put dish soap such as Dawn in them!
- Forest Gate Properties staff will conduct property inspections on a quarterly basis. During this inspection, we will inspect plumbing fixtures, smoke detectors, heating equipment etc. for proper operation.